This week is essentially a “Best of Free Skate Mag” edition. Thanks Free! Slow news week on QS, but not at Free HQ! Must be nice ;)
Re: #1 — Anybody who has been to Burnside knows that the lip he does it on is effectively the edge of a second-story window. It’s the type of trick that makes you stand up, look at your feet, and start to spin so as to figure out wtf just happened.
Re: #5 — There’s obvs a lot of chatter about close-ups of faces in footage these days, but the sigh of relief on this young man’s face after a self-imposed close call with sending his genitals into a spiky incident really makes the clip.
This didn’t make the countdown, but Keisuke Hayashi’s “Drifting Dream” edit out of Japan is singularly the best thing you can watch this week. Sometimes, when edits are more of a ~vibe~ than anything else, it’s tough to isolate individual clips. This one rules though. Shout out to everyone putting in the hours on fine-tuning web edits in the social media era ♥
Intro via @youngmacbabz @2castilho
10) Lucas Puig via IG [link]
9) Bear Myles via Grey part [link]
8) Ayahiro Uratsuka via Tightbooth’s “Security Level” video [link]
7) Rinku Konishi via Tightbooth’s “Security Level” video [link]
6) J.P. Villa via “Brésil Ou Pas…” [link]
5) Mika Germond via Levi’s Skateboarding’s “Interval” video [link]
4) Noah Mahieu via “Zen Brain” part [link]
3) Quentin Boillon via IG [link]
2) Leo Cholet via “Pro For Rave” part [link]
1) Jake Wooten via “Santa Cruz” part [link]
Previously: May 14, 2021