Cherry 1.5 > iPhone 6

September 10th, 2014 | 12:27 pm | Daily News | 16 Comments

sean kickflip joyride

While the rest of the internet spent Tuesday refreshing live update pages about the new iPhone, we spent it checking Bill Strobeck’s Vimeo page for any hint of Joyride, the new video he’s been posting cryptic Instagram memes about all summer. Turns out Vimeo is going down the YouTube circa 2009 route of disabling videos with third party content, so Joyride didn’t make it out in time. It’s on YouTube, a day later.

Though not an “official” Supreme project, Joyride is more or less a six-months-after-“cherry” milestone that shows how ridiculous the current rate at which young kids progress is. (That, and a check-in on growth spurts. T.J. might rival Yaje right now for New York skateboarding’s quickest height spike ever.) Joyride stars Sage Elsesser, Sean Pablo, Nakel Smith, Tyshawn Jones, Kevin Bradley, Aiden Mackey, and Ben Kadow, who has a lot more screentime than he did in the last vid (the gap firecracker is insane.) Most of the 21+ crowd from “cherry” stops in for a cameo, including a rather unexpected Bryan Herman signature move :)

#Boobs are still trending in summer 2K14, and shout out to Bill for joining Josh Stewart in the ranks of elite skate auteurs who refer to skate videos as videos.

…that ender 5050 better be a magazine cover next month. Meatball!

Previously: An Interview with Bill Strobeck

Comment by Gonz's Driving Instructor
  • Mark was always a reckless driver,

September 10, 2014 @ 1:11 pm
  • Comment by not a sociopath
  • i wish i was cool enough to skateboard

September 10, 2014 @ 1:30 pm
  • Comment by 8ballsk8ball
  • that video was great aside from the minute of my life i lost watching that pile of garbage of a girl at the begining

September 10, 2014 @ 6:43 pm
  • Comment by 100bandjuug
  • strobeck’s rap music supervision has been on point lately.

September 10, 2014 @ 9:40 pm
  • Comment by SC
  • I would never get in a car with Mark Gonzalez haha

And Tyshawn is like a karate master with that save

September 10, 2014 @ 11:37 pm
  • Comment by wlikie
  • Tyshawn courthouse cartwheel will live in infamy

September 11, 2014 @ 9:46 am
  • Comment by Camille Rowe
  • Do I turn you on?

September 11, 2014 @ 1:34 pm
  • Comment by ?
  • QS, I appreciate you posting this video. Some of the re-edits you do are great, and this is one of the better skateboard-related websites.

I have to ask- and I’m not trying to be a troll or a dick, this is completely sincere- do you guys actually like this shit? To me, it’s fucking gross. It makes me not want to skateboard. Is it just me? Do people watch this and think, “Wow, this is awesome!”?

September 11, 2014 @ 5:30 pm
  • Comment by Dick Nutbag
  • Hey 8ballsk8ball, when the camera panned up and I saw all those zits on her chin I had flashbacks of having sex with teen runaways on the bench at Tompkins, so I was happy.

September 11, 2014 @ 5:53 pm
  • Comment by Dominic
  • So good. These kids at killing it. No clue why faggy fake boxing makes it into so any skate videos but other than that, this is gold.

September 11, 2014 @ 9:48 pm
  • Comment by mike
  • shits raw as fuck. to get that gnar in chucks would be unheard of a few years ago. hate all you want but you aint kickflipping anything that high in chucks.

September 12, 2014 @ 5:15 am
  • Comment by Chrissy
  • What’s the second song?

September 12, 2014 @ 6:40 am
  • Comment by 8ballsk8ball
  • dick nutback, you’ve never had sex , or been to tompkins. the only person who has sex at TF is slicky boy

September 12, 2014 @ 8:11 am
  • Comment by 8ballsk8ball
  • and a lot of junkies

September 12, 2014 @ 8:11 am
  • Comment by JB
  • NBL im salty bout Houston park…

September 12, 2014 @ 11:09 am
  • Comment by ?
  • I’m not even going to wear Chuck Taylors, because I think they’re the ugliest goddamn shoes.

If you like this video, more power to you. I’m not trying to be dickhead who hates everything. I loved the Brandon Westgate re-edit a few months back. But to me, this is some repugnant ass shit.

September 12, 2014 @ 12:07 pm