What a Time to Update the Website

September 21st, 2015 | 11:39 am | Daily News | 13 Comments

alltimers wall

Mike Carroll re: the greatest line ever done and hardflip quality control. Also shout out to regional names for tricks. Nollie half cab for life. Buzz off dude.

Contest footage isn’t exactly #onbrand for QS but some pretty wild stuff went down at 50 Kent and the L.E.S. Park for Damn AM. They even fixed the crack in front of the double set so we can all skate it every day! Meet you there in five.

The only fashion week journalism that has really #mattered: SMLTalk walked us through all the stages of Jim Greco’s personal style. Italian mobster was maybe the sickest look. But maybe only saying that because Goodfellas turned 25 last week.

Kinda hard to debate Barcelona not being the greatest skate city on earth when you can watch a six-minute edit from there that spends its time at practically none of the most commonly known spots. “Let’s just put a bank here.”

A straight-up nollie on the bank / wallride at Chase downtown is a pretty hot move. They moved the planters back in front of that thing a month ago, btw.

Route One has a mini video interview with Zered.

Apparently three people skate in Bangladesh.

Fuck off Hawk, you can’t even flip your board you old prick.

Boil the Ocean on Quiksilver’s demise and maybe something re: Trukfit becoming a gas station brand + Corey Kennedy’s Hawaii thing? I don’t know man.

Quick #summer #trip #to #NY clip with some dudes from S.F and here’s the new Skate Jawn iPhone montage featuring notable MPC™ affiliates.

With thin ledges trending hard after Aaron Herrington’s Dime Glory Challenge win, Kingpin compiled a #current #listicle of the all-time greats on narrow surfaces.

Skate and Annoy has been posting some sick old skate ads over in its archive.

QS Rap Desk: Hotbox Social’s Young Thug “Leaks & Loosies” compilation from earlier this summer is actually better put-together than Slime Season, though the latter features mastered versions of some of the same songs.

Quote of the Week
Sexually Active Young Lady: “I’m not sure, I might’ve only fucked him because his bio said ‘free spirit.'”
Tron Jenkins: “Don’t be mad at him because he went to college.”

R.I.P. Jersey City Junk Spot.

Comment by honestly...
  • Only $500 for anyone who wants to film an angle of their trick on the Katz ledge from my 5th floor fire escape, get at me.

September 21, 2015 @ 2:34 pm
  • Comment by dishonestly
  • for $500 i’m a hire a helicopter and get my burnquist on , fuck your fire escape

September 21, 2015 @ 5:15 pm
  • Comment by newsman
  • BREAKING NEWS: Mike Gigliotti’s instagram comments are currently most live place on web

September 21, 2015 @ 8:03 pm
  • Comment by Chip Van Slam
  • Premonition (#musicsupervision): “skate video house” has had its moment, as #biancachandonlifestyles is too rare a thing for most skaters to relate to. Keen ears will realize taking elements from that genre (?) and blending it with the sounds most skaters crave when watching internet clips (i.e. 90’s hiphop) shall bridge that gap between outright dance and boom bap. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back trip-hop. Re: that Bleak vid.

September 22, 2015 @ 11:10 am
  • Comment by Jersey Dave
  • I wish you would post more 10 year anniversary style videos up instead of those MPC videos. Shits getting old.

September 23, 2015 @ 9:28 am
  • Comment by Tristan Smith
  • Shut up Dave.

September 23, 2015 @ 9:30 am
  • Comment by Jason Wear
  • I miss the early 2000’s. They were wayyyyy better than all this.

September 23, 2015 @ 9:34 am
  • Comment by Paulgar
  • Just wanna say rest in peace junkspot. Check out my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKX4kgSZoMw

PS-Let me know what you think!

September 23, 2015 @ 11:36 am
  • Comment by Taji Ameen
  • Grandpa has a really sick interview in this video:

@grandpa @exitphiladelphia

September 23, 2015 @ 12:44 pm
  • Comment by HUF TINFOIL FAGBAG
  • I like them skatejawn vids but are wallies even a trick that should be filmed anymore?

September 23, 2015 @ 1:10 pm
  • Comment by Choppa Grande
  • only if theyre done against a handrail

September 23, 2015 @ 1:28 pm
  • Comment by Taji Ameen
  • Unless I’m doing them then no they shouldn’t be filmed.

September 23, 2015 @ 1:50 pm
  • Comment by baker
  • nooooo i was praying this day would never come! don’t make me learn real tricks!!!

September 24, 2015 @ 1:06 pm