‘Beef and Broccoli with No Broccoli’

November 18th, 2013 | 11:14 am | Daily News | 23 Comments

torey

You should pre-order your copy of the FTC book now.

Someone put together a remix part with a lot of Dennis Busenitz’s post-Since Day One footage. Did anyone else miss that China Banks manual sequence? Not sure how that one slipped under the radar. Wow.

Okay, so maybe a “Paine’s Park for L.E.S. or Astoria” trade is still a debatable topic, but how many New York parks would you trade for this new plaza in Vienna?

Ageless ledge mastermind, Enrique Lorenzo, is a part of a new Spanish skateboard company called Louw and has a quick section of high-brow ledge dancing at the 3:10 mark of their intro video.

Weiger’s part in the last Nike video is way better than you probably remember. Watch the musicless version or put some fashion forward Future shit on for it. “I’m moving on, I’m moving on, ain’t no more Louis Vuitton.”

The loop has left the vert skating world! Now that a street-variant of the loop exists, the countdown for the first person to do it begins. So, if Jake Johnson did it — it’d be surprising — but it wouldn’t be that surprising, right?

Did Forrest Edwards teach Jamie Thomas to enjoy life again?”

Empty bottle of Jack under the bench BGPs n’ stuff.

Jersey Dave takes photos now.

One week after condemning post-2013 usage of songs from Enter the 36 Chambers for skate clips, we’re going to go ahead and link this ten-minute video DC put together about…36 Chambers and skateboarding. It’s basically the video version of this (“skaters like raw shit!”) and turns into a bit of a DC puff piece towards the end, but they do manage to interview Gino, Kareem, Jeff Pang, etc. Are skate media outlets already planning content around the twenty-year anniversary of Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous A.K.A. “The Most Edited-To Rap Album of All-Time” in two years?

QS Sports Desk Play of the Week: Can we get Sheed in the 2014 dunk contest?

Quote of the Week:

short boarding bro

Via Pat O’Dell’s Instagram

There are a lot of the question marks in this post. We’re just curious.

Comment by That was fast
  • the ftc pre-order already sold out

November 18, 2013 @ 1:16 pm
  • Comment by Snack
  • Damn, glad I did that yesterday — but how exactly does a “pre order” sell out?

November 18, 2013 @ 1:22 pm
  • Comment by Dominic
  • Pretty sure no one associates Wu tang with DC. Gino and Keenan and all the mix tape volume I heads, but not DC.

November 18, 2013 @ 3:33 pm
  • Comment by Pepe
  • I wanna light Aaron Brown on fire

November 18, 2013 @ 4:22 pm
  • Comment by Peace Gawd
  • Dominic you are a dunce. Pang and Harold both rode for DC back then. But why am I telling you this if you know it all? You ass-clown, go do your homework.
    Here’s a recent clip of a New York homie skatin’ to a Wu track. Enjoy.

Let’s not get to judgmental with audio supervision. Besides, we’re on a site that ran with jazz tracks for quite some time and dating to be at least 30 years old. Let’s not fill too many buckets with tears of personal preference that do not have anything to do with our opinions.

P.S. – Aaron Brown loves the 4-9-3-11 on the Weekends (that was a wu-tang reference little Dominic wouldn’t know/get).

Peace Gawd

November 18, 2013 @ 5:47 pm
  • Comment by Snack
  • It’s not a preference thing. The first clip to ever be on this site was edited to Ghostface. It’s just annoying hearing the same five nineties rap albums referenced and edited-to over and over each year. A lot of rap music came out in the nineties and a lot of it wasn’t from Wu-Tang.

November 18, 2013 @ 7:08 pm
  • Comment by e$py
  • im just the im is cuz I been hangin with the demons.
    I thought I had the angels all to myself but I was dreamin.

November 19, 2013 @ 4:51 am
  • Comment by e$py
  • im just the way im is because I been hangin with the demons.
    I thought I had the Angela all to myself but I was dreaming*

November 19, 2013 @ 5:05 am
  • Comment by Dominic
  • Actually I’m trying to say something you don’t seem to get: DC is trying to capitalize on the Wu. They didn’t rep Wu at all back then, nor did they have any affiliation with the World dudes that did. And Pang and Harold weren’t promoted by DC

November 19, 2013 @ 7:58 am
  • Comment by Dei
  • Nigga said “short boarding” … #smh

November 19, 2013 @ 9:39 am
  • Comment by max b
  • fuck wu tang that shit was never cooooool

November 19, 2013 @ 1:47 pm
  • Comment by secondhandembaressmnt
  • damn the juices shoulda been purple not blue =(

November 19, 2013 @ 1:48 pm
  • Comment by zero
  • Jamie Thomas leap of faith. that’s was the most amazing thing when I started skating.

November 19, 2013 @ 1:50 pm
  • Comment by cancer mike
  • my niggas jersy dave

November 19, 2013 @ 1:53 pm
  • Comment by nick
  • shout outs to jersy dave

November 19, 2013 @ 1:54 pm
  • Comment by Snack
  • Rappers ruined purple liquid for the foreseeable future.

November 19, 2013 @ 1:57 pm
  • Comment by Adrian
  • Not enough people use artifacts in there edits. They have 2 albums. What about tha alkaholiks?

November 19, 2013 @ 2:29 pm
  • Comment by TF flat bar
  • Leo Gutman just killed New York

November 19, 2013 @ 4:37 pm
  • Comment by Bosco
  • tha alhaholiks were used in a bunch of early 411 vm’s

November 19, 2013 @ 4:40 pm
  • Comment by Twenty Somethin Year Old Skate Vids
  • have plenty of twenty of somethin year old rap in them….

If you’re into rap that came out before you were born you should probably look into skateboarding from that era as well. Do we really need more shitty edits set to the same songs people have been editing skating to for over two decades already?

November 20, 2013 @ 2:38 am
  • Comment by Bzzzzz
  • @thatwasfast nah they still up for pre order though. Thankfully

November 20, 2013 @ 10:56 am
  • Comment by Peace Gawd
  • Wu-Tang is for the children!

p.s. – Purple Tape’s forever!

Peace gawd.

November 21, 2013 @ 2:58 pm
  • Comment by need that book
  • Anyone who preordered get the FTC book in the mail yet?

December 11, 2013 @ 3:55 pm